Thursday, April 28, 2011

American Greetings

So I'm officially employed now! The job pretty much found me since I didn't even know there was such a position as a "greeting card merchandiser". I had never actually thought about who was responsible for putting out and taken down greeting cards, now you know it is someone employed for the companies like Hallmark or American Greetings. The job is ideal for those wanting a flexible schedule and part time work and I am grateful for the friends I have who helped me get this position!
It's crazy to think I haven't worked outside the home in over four years! I was really rusty when it came to the interview questions and I am so shocked I actually got hired. I had one particular question that cracked me up, "How did you prepare yourself for this interview?" I wanted to say "I took a shower and got dressed"... I didn't actually say it but I couldn't help but think how funny it would have been if I did, so I started laughing and I was sure he thought I was out of my mind. The rest of the interview questions weren't any better than the first but I was at least able to answer them. Maybe next time I should prepare myself for an interview by practicing answers to stupid questions. Anyhow I start next week!

-C

2 comments:

Jan said...

Awesome! I'm sure you will do great!

Kayla said...

I love that you laughed out loud!!

Good Luck! Keep us posted! Working has its ups and downs! :)
But I bet it will be a fun break and make some money! Wahoo!!