Monday, January 31, 2011

Boycott Base Gym

The military is renowned for rules and I'm all about rules and following them but sometimes I really want to slap people!
Today Zach wanted to drop the kids off at the new daycare center in our base gym while he went to run 12 miles for his marathon training. I no longer live on base and with the one vehicle I didn't want to sit in the car for an hour so I thought I would just go in and sit with the kids. However, I was clearly mistaken that I would be allowed to sit and watch my own children, nope not allowed. Fine... I would go to the Library on base but as I was leaving I was told that since both Zach and I were not exercising I was not allowed to leave the children, um WHAT?! So the kids get kicked out and Zach still needing to exercise decides we should all go upstairs into this empty room that WE have all used together hundreds of times. The lady follows us and tells us that the room is not allowed for children and that the exercise balls could harm them, REALLY!!!!? So yes, we got kicked out of the base gym today. The boycott begins indefinitely! I knew I hated the gym for a reason.

6 comments:

Sandie said...

I'll boycott all gyms with you!! That would make me mad!

Amy said...

Insert angry face (here). So lame!!

Lopez Life said...

LAME!

Jan said...

Some people take their jobs too seriously. You should have told her that big balls never hurt anyone! Hehe

Kayla said...

I would be mad!! that is lame...Some people are just plain old fun haters!!

Cooper Family said...

I am so glad you are writing on your blog. How is Zach have you heard anything yet?? Miss you cant wait to see you this summer.